Rules: NPR Illinois 2019 Calendar Contest Rules
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this contest.
NPR Illinois seeks to produce a 2019 Calendar as a donor gift. NPR Illinois is soliciting calls for artwork to be included in the calendar. Artists may work in any media or theme they choose keeping in mind the mission of NPR Illinois to “explain Illinois.”
- Contest Period: The 2019 Calendar Contest (the “Contest”) begins May 1, 2018 and ends at 11:59 PM Central Time, July 31, 2018 (“Contest Period”).
- Eligibility: Contest is open to all who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and live in Illinois.
- How to Enter: During the Contest Period, you may access the Contest by visiting the NPR Illinois website at http://nprillinois.org/post/npr-illinois-2019-calendar-art-contest (the “Contest Website”), completing the Submission Form including a digital image (or a link to the digital image) of your original work. See the Entry Requirements for the image specifications. Only digital submissions will be accepted. All eligible Entries must be received by 11:59 PM, Thursday, July 31, 2018. By submitting an Entry, you understand that your Entry will be viewed by the Jury which will be composed of different industry experts or teachers related to the creativity field and design professionals. All Entries will remain anonymous at the time of judging.
- Contest Awards: Chosen artwork will be used in the layout the NPR Illinois’ 2019 Calendar Club (Donor) Promotional Calendar with the artwork title and artist’s name listed. Artists will be invited to display selected artwork in an exhibition held at the SAA Collective, in the Hoogland, the week of September 10, 2018.
- Entry Requirements: In order to be entered into the Contest, entrants must comply with registration instructions when submitting their Entry. Please make sure to note the following requirements when creating your Entry:
- Artwork should be created in a 4x3 ratio or artwork may be cropped to suit calendar dimensions.
- Digital images must in the .jpg format with a resolution high enough to print (300dpi) set to print at 12” x 9”;
- Limit one Entry per person throughout the Contest Period.
- Entries must comply with the Contest Rules;
- Do not include material in the Entry that violates or infringes another’s rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement (do not create a derivative of someone else’s photo or work);
- Do not include material in the Entry that is sexually explicit, violent, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous, libelous or otherwise objectionable;
- Do not include material in the Entry that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Do not include in the Entry or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than those of NPR Illinois), or any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Do not include material in the Entry embodying the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without prior written permission;
- Do not include material in the Entry that communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which NPR Illinois wishes to associate;
- The Entry must not depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
6. Jury: The Jury will be composed of different industry experts or teachers related to the creative field and design professionals. The Jury’s mission will be:
Admission of the artworks,
Evaluation of the projects,
Cancellation of competition in case the submissions don’t meet a threshold for publication,
Interpretation of the competition rules; being Jury’s decision not subject to appeal.
Any entry not in compliance with the above Entry Requirements is ineligible.
7. Publicity - NPR Illinois reserves the right to photograph and reproduce, in color or black & white, all artworks submitted to this contest, regardless of copyright, for educational and/or publicity purposes. Artist retain full copyright of the work.
8. Notification: All artists who submit work will be notified by email whether their submission has been selected by August 16, 2018 via email. No specific information regarding Entries and judging, other than as otherwise set forth in these Contest Rules, will be disclosed.