On this episode, when it comes to getting the COVID-19 vaccine, Black residents are less likely to get the shots than whites. We'll look at some of the reasons why and some possible solutions.
And Congressman Adam Kinzinger has become a regular on national talk shows for speaking out against his own party. Kinzinger grew up in central Illinois and we'll hear what those who've known him the longest have to say about the Republican.
* University of Illinois Springfield sociology professor Tiffani Saunders discusses the roots of vaccine hesitancy in the Black community.
Listen to Statewide across Illinois in:
- Bloomington/Normal – WGLT 89.1 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Carbondale – WSIU 91.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Mount Vernon - WVSI 88.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Olney - WUSI 90.3 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Quad Cities - WVIK 105.7 HD-2 (Fridays 11 a.m. - noon)
- Rockford/DeKalb – WNIJ 89.5 (Saturdays 6-7 a.m., Sundays 2-3 p.m.)
- Springfield/Decatur - WUIS 91.9 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Peoria – WCBU 89.9 (Fridays 11-noon, Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Pittsfield - WIPA 89.3 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Urbana/Champaign – WILL 580 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 7-8 p.m.)