The pandemic forced government to take action to prevent foreclosures and evictions. But that intervention won't last forever. We talk with researchers who have looked back at the 2008 housing crisis to see what lessons can be learned.
Illinois remains behind on renewing firearm owner identification cards and concealed carry permits. We'll hear why there's a backlog and what some are proposing to solve the problem.
And a car John Dillinger used to make a daring escape has been brought home.
Those stories and more on this episode of Statewide.
* Mary Hansen explains how a mass vaccination site in Springfield has attracted people from all over Illinois looking to get their COVID shots.
Listen to Statewide across Illinois in:
- Bloomington/Normal – WGLT 89.1 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Carbondale – WSIU 91.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Mount Vernon - WVSI 88.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Olney - WUSI 90.3 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Quad Cities - WVIK 105.7 HD-2 (Fridays 11 a.m. - noon)
- Rockford/DeKalb – WNIJ 89.5 (Saturdays 6-7 a.m., Sundays 2-3 p.m.)
- Springfield/Decatur - WUIS 91.9 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Peoria – WCBU 89.9 (Fridays 11-noon, Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Pittsfield - WIPA 89.3 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Urbana/Champaign – WILL 580 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 7-8 p.m.)