Here are resources for Central Illinois residents and their families during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Not seeing something you know about? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll add it to this page.
Health Services & Info
· The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) has a comprehensive web portal tracking the new coronavirus pandemic throughout Illinois. It also has information on the disease itself, provides public health guidance for individuals and businesses, and more.
· State government's official COVID-19 response page is here.
· The Sangamon County Department of Public Health is providing local case data and resources here.
· Nationwide info and health guidance can be found at this page from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
· Springfield's health systems are each providing COVID-19 guidance and services:
- Memorial Health System is providing free virtual care and drive-thru screenings at several locations.
- SIU School of Medicine has info and resources.
- Springfield Clinic has phone and web information.
- HSHS St. Johns has info.
· Starting Friday, April 17th Walgreens will begin operating a Drive-Up COVID-19 testing facility in Springfield at 1155 N. 9th Street. Testing will be provided through a no-cost, self-administered nasal swab. You must FIRST go to this website to see if you qualify and, if so, select an appointment time.
· A central and southern Illinois-area patient monitoring program is providing resources specifically for those experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. More info here.
· An emotional support hotline can be reached at (217) 588-5509.
· The state’s Call4Calm service allows people to anonymously speak with a mental health professional. Text "TALK" to 552020.
· You can connect via phone or web chat to the Illinois Helpline for Opioids and Other Substances.
· For those experiencing domestic violence, Illinois' Department of Human Services has a help page here.
Food & Food Banks
· Apply for Illinois food assistance here.
· Sangamon County's local WIC office is only offering curbside pickup. Call 217-535-3102 for more info and to schedule an appointment
· The Central Illinois Food Bank has a pantry locator tool here.
· Springfield District 186 is offering bagged student meals for pickup. More info on locations and times here.
· A list of area micro-pantries can be found here.
Unemployment & Financial Assistance
· Apply for unemployment benefits here.
· 211 is a resource location service that helps residents find food and pay house bills, among other things.
· District 186 has a comprehensive list of resources, from how to talk to your kids about COVID-19, to regional nonprofit offices, at-home learning tools and more.
· Thought Springfield's Lincoln Library is closed, its online services are still active and can be found here.
Business Help & Statuses
· Illinois is offering financial help for small businesses here.
· Springfield's city Office of Planning and Economic Development has business resources listed here.
· The Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce has a landing page for business resources.
· SpringfieldZoom shows the status of individual Springfield businesses large and small.
· The Springfield Families Helping Families Facebook page is a comprehensive site that posts resources and volunteer opportunities from across the area.
· Illinois state government has a landing page for statewide opportunities.
· Serve Illinois is the state's commission on volunteerism.
· Area hospital systems continue to accept PPE donations. More info on that here.