This week, some employers are having difficulty reopening their businesses because many workers don't want to come back. While there are health concerns, it also comes down to dollars and cents.
Self-testing for COVID-19 could play a key role in fully reopening the economy. But what are the concerns?
Also, most rural hospitals have faced challenges preparing for the pandemic, even as they've seen fewer cases of the coronavirus disease.
Those stories and more on this episode of Statewide.
* Sean Crawford speaks with Robin Fretwell Wilson, the Director of the Institute of Government and Public Affairs at the University of Illinois. The IGPA has created a task force of experts to help with a roadmap for reopening Illinois and provide guidance to state and local officials.
Listen to Statewide across Illinois in:
- Bloomington/Normal – WGLT 89.1 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Carbondale – WSIU 91.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Mount Vernon - WVSI 88.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Olney - WUSI 90.3 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Rockford/DeKalb – WNIJ 89.5 (Saturdays 6-7 a.m., Sundays 6-7 p.m.)
- Springfield/Decatur - WUIS 91.9 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Peoria – WCBU 89.9 (Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Pittsfield - WIPA 89.3 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Urbana/Champaign – WILL 580 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 7-8 p.m.)
- Quad Cities - WVIK HD 2 (Sundays 11 a.m. - Noon)