This week, we recap an ongoing NPR Illinois/ProPublica investigation into complaints of sexual harassment on the University of Illinois' flagship campus. Reporter Rachel Otwell details the findings.
After a deadly outbreak at the Quincy Veterans' Home, Illinois is taking steps to address Legionnaire's Disease. But is the state on the right track? An expert will join us.
And indications are that more mosquitoes could be in our future.
That and more on this episode of Statewide.
* Rachel Otwell has results of an investigation into sexual harassment claims at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She also says more reporting on this issue is forthcoming and she's asking those who want to share their story to reach out.
* Dave McKinney and Tony Arnold of WBEZ have the latest on efforts by families to settle cases stemming from Legionnaire's Disease deaths at the Quincy Veterans' Home.
* Daisy Contreras talks with Brad Considine of the Alliance to Prevent Legionnaire's Disease. He discusses the changes Illinois has made so far.
* Alex Smith with Harvest Public Media explains how climate change could mean more mosquitoes in the Midwest.
* Michelle O'Neill of WVIK tells us about efforts to bring about long term solutions to flood damage along the upper Mississippi River.
* Maureen McKinney reports on disparities in business lending. White-owned companies have an easier time getting loans compared to those owned by African-Americans.
Listen to Statewide across Illinois:
- Bloomington/Normal – WGLT 89.1 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon)
- Carbondale – WSIU 91.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. / Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Mount Vernon - WVSI 88.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. / Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Olney - WUSI 90.3 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. / Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Rockford/DeKalb – WNIJ 89.5 (Saturdays 6-7 a.m. / Sundays 6-7 p.m.)
- Springfield/Decatur - WUIS 91.9 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon and 11 p.m. - Midnight / Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Peoria – WCBU 89.9 (Fridays 6-7 p.m.)
- Pittsfield - WIPA 89.3 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon and 11 p.m. - Midnight / Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Urbana/Champaign – WILL 580 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon and 7-8 p.m.)