A committee of Democratic party officials from six counties that make up the 48th Illinois Senate District have narrowed the list of potential replacements for former Senator Andy Manar (D-Bunker Hill).
Manar left the post this month to become an advisor for Gov. J.B. Pritzker. A vote to fill the vacancy is expected on Saturday, February 6.
The finalists are a mix of current and past office holders and others. They include:
* Lisa Badger, Springfield Park Board member
* Shad Edwards, retired Illinois State Police
* Frank McNeil, former Springfield alderman
* Doris Turner, Springfield Ward 3 alderwoman
* Roberta Vojas, Macoupin County Board member
* Ruth Waller, Macon County State's Attorney's Office
* Chase Wilhelm, former candidate for state representative in the 95th District
* Julie Moore Wolfe, Mayor of Decatur
All applicants were asked to submit a resume or biography, detailed statement about their involvement with the Democratic party, as well as a statement about their vison and electability. The central Illinois district stretches from the east side of Springfield to Dectaur. It also includes Christian and Montgomery counties as well as portions of Macoupin and Madison.