On this episode of Statewide, outdoor dining has allowed many restaurants to survive during the pandemic. But what will happen as the temperature drops? We'll have a report.
Former Gov. George Ryan explains how he came to the decision to put a hold on the death penalty in Illinois. And, we'll tell you about a grassroots movement to shed more light on police work.
That and more on this week's Statewide.
* WBEZ's Vivian McCall tells us about restaurant owners and employees concerned about colder weather and what it will mean for their businesses amid COVID-19 restrictions.
* TriStates Public Radio's Rich Egger introduces us to a group of Macomb women who began a campaign to buy body cameras for local police.
* Camberyn Kelly of WGLT talks with a front yard farmer in Normal whose corn has reached 15 feet high.
* Reporter Edith Brady Lunny interviews former Gov. George Ryan and journalist Maurice Possley about their new book that looks back at Ryan's moratorium on the death penalty.
* Lee Gaines of Illinois Newsroom and Dana Vollmer with WGLT compare COVID-19 testing at two separate universities.
* Mary Hansen from NPR Illinois gives an update on a Springfield Facebook group created to help families during the pandemic.
* Jonathon Ahl with Harvest Public Media details efforts to bring more of an essential ingredient in beer to the midwest.
* Peter Medlin of WNIJ reports fallout from a ransomware attack at an Illinois community college is far from over.
Listen to Statewide across Illinois in:
- Bloomington/Normal – WGLT 89.1 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Carbondale – WSIU 91.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Mount Vernon - WVSI 88.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Olney - WUSI 90.3 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Rockford/DeKalb – WNIJ 89.5 (Saturdays 6-7 a.m., Sundays 2-3 p.m.)
- Springfield/Decatur - WUIS 91.9 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Peoria – WCBU 89.9 (Fridays 11a.m. -12 noon, Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Pittsfield - WIPA 89.3 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Quad Cities - WVIK HD2 (Sundays 11 a.m. - 12 noon)
- Urbana/Champaign – WILL 580 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 7-8 p.m.)