Sundays 6-8 PM
- Hosted by Jennifer Ramm
Jennifer Ramm brings you two hours of the best in bluegrass and related music. With roots in Celtic, country, folk and blues, bluegrass has a rich heritage that continues to grow thanks to a new generation of gifted musicians.
From masters like Bill Monroe and Flatt & Scruggs to contemporary artists like Alison Krauss and Ricky Skaggs, from rock-ribbed traditional to boldly progressive, from Del McCoury to the Infamous Stringdusters, you'll hear it all on Bluegrass Breakdown. We'll also tell you about festivals, concerts, and jams coming up in our area.
Contact the host: email@example.com
Upcoming Bluegrass Events: Check out the Community Calendar on our web page here.
Sources for Bluegrass Recordings:
- Elderly Instruments - a great place to find bluegrass, Celtic, blues, Cajun, singer-songwriters, and more.
- County Sales - one of the best sources of bluegrass and old-time music.
- Amazon.com has huge selections of every kind of music, including bluegrass.
Track the latest bluegrass releases at:
- Compass Records
- Mountain Fever Records
- Mountain Home Music
- Mountain Roads Recordings
- Patuxent Music
- Pinecastle Records
- Rebel Records
- Rounder Records
- Rural Rhythm Records
- Skaggs Family Records
Bluegrass Books, Magazines, and Films:
To learn more about bluegrass music, we recommend:
- "Bluegrass: A History" by Neil Rosenberg (University of Illinois Press, 1985)
- "Bluegrass: An Informal Guide" by Richard Smith (Chicago Review Press, 1995)
- "Can't You Hear Me Callin': The Life of Bill Monroe, Father of Bluegrass" by Richard D. Smith (Little Brown, 2000)
- "Bluegrass Breakdown" by Robert Cantwell (University of Illinois Press, 1984)
You can keep up to date on the bluegrass scene with a subscription to Bluegrass Unlimited magazine.
- Web sites Bluegrass Today and Cybergrass contain a wealth of bluegrass information--the latest bluegrass news, profiles, radio airplay charts, and CD reviews
- For a lively, if sometimes rancorous, e-mail discussion group devoted to bluegrass, check out Bgrass-L.