On this week's Statewide, a nurse talks about the the risk of being on the front lines of the coronavirus fight.
"As a healthcare worker, I think we're resigning ourselves to the fact that we're probably going to get it and we hope it doesn't affect us," said Thomas McClure, who works for Memorial Medical Center in Springfield.
We also learn about a project to document how Illinois residents are coping during COVID-19.
And, a group of neighbors found a way to gather for a block party - while still keeping a safe distance from each other.
This week's lineup:
* Mary Hansen talks with nurse Thomas McClure, who also served as a medic in the Illinois Army National Guard. He talks about his past experience with outbreaks and the current pandemic.
Listen to Statewide across Illinois in:
- Bloomington/Normal – WGLT 89.1 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Carbondale – WSIU 91.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Mount Vernon - WVSI 88.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Olney - WUSI 90.3 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Rockford/DeKalb – WNIJ 89.5 (Saturdays 6-7 a.m., Sundays 6-7 p.m.)
- Springfield/Decatur - WUIS 91.9 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Peoria – WCBU 89.9 (Fridays 6-7 p.m., Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Pittsfield - WIPA 89.3 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Urbana/Champaign – WILL 580 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 7-8 p.m.)