On this week's episode, while we are in the midst of election season, more newspapers are choosing to forego the traditional political endorsement process. There are different reasons for the decision, We'll hear from an Illinois editor about why her paper has followed this trend.
Billed as an improvisational comedy enterprise, Second City has launched careers of some of the biggest comedians in recent decades. Now, it's up for sale. We'll have a report from Chicago.
And have you noticed more stinkbugs in recent years? The invasive pest can be damaging to crops and they want to spend the winter in your home. Those stories and more on Statewide.
Listen to Statewide across Illinois in:
- Bloomington/Normal – WGLT 89.1 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Carbondale – WSIU 91.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Mount Vernon - WVSI 88.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Olney - WUSI 90.3 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Rockford/DeKalb – WNIJ 89.5 (Saturdays 6-7 a.m., Sundays 2-3 p.m.)
- Springfield/Decatur - WUIS 91.9 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Peoria – WCBU 89.9 (Fridays 11a.m. -12 noon, Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Pittsfield - WIPA 89.3 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Quad Cities - WVIK HD2 (Sundays 11 a.m. - 12 noon)
- Urbana/Champaign – WILL 580 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 7-8 p.m.)