Student athletes, coaches and parents are waiting to see if the games will take place when school begins. We take a closer look on this episode of Statewide.
* Sean Crawford talks with Craig Anderson, Execurtive Director of the Illinois High School Association, about the prospects for playing sports this fall and what rules the IHSA has put in place. We also hear from attorney Thomas DeVore, who has filed suit over the restrictions, and State Journal-Register sportswriter Ryan Mahan gives us his view of athletics during the pandemic.
* We listen to Governor J.B. Pritzker, in a briefing with reporters this week, as he explains a new regional approach to monitoring the spread of COVID-19 and what metrics will be used to determine any future mitigation.
Listen to Statewide across Illinois in:
- Bloomington/Normal – WGLT 89.1 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Carbondale – WSIU 91.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Mount Vernon - WVSI 88.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Olney - WUSI 90.3 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Rockford/DeKalb – WNIJ 89.5 (Saturdays 6-7 a.m., Sundays 6-7 p.m.)
- Springfield/Decatur - WUIS 91.9 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Peoria – WCBU 89.9 (Fridays 11a.m. -12 noon, Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Pittsfield - WIPA 89.3 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Quad Cities - WVIK HD2 (Sundays 11 a.m. - 12 noon)
- Urbana/Champaign – WILL 580 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 7-8 p.m.)