CV - Predicting the Cost of the Pandemic on the Economy & Recent Restrictions on Local Business
UIS Community Health Roundtable Webinar - Predicting the Cost of the Pandemic on the Economy & Recent Restrictions on Local Business
The second half of the UIS Community Health Roundtable webinar - Predicting the Cost of the Pandemic on the Economy & Recent Restrictions on Local Business. This half features the roundtable discussion of the effects of the first round of mitigations and how restaurants are preparing for a likely second round. Features Aurora and Jordan Coffey, Nicolas Paz, Kevin Lust, and Allison Richards.
- Vidya Sundareshan, MD, MPH, FACP, FIDSA is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine and Co-Chief of the Division of Infectious Diseases at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine (SIU-SOM). She is also the Program Director for Infectious Diseases Fellowship Program at SIU-SOM and advisor to Sangamon County Department of Public Health. Dr. Sundareshan graduated from Ambedkar Medical College and SIU-SOM Internal Medicine residency program.
- Kenneth Kriz, Ph.D., is University Distinguished Professor at the University of Illinois at Springfield. Dr. Kriz has published more than 40 journal articles and book chapters along with a textbook on quantitative research methods in public administration. He was a Fulbright Scholar in the Republic of Estonia during academic year 2004-05 and a Fulbright Senior Specialist in the Czech Republic in 2008. He holds a Ph.D. in Public Affairs from Indiana University
- Ryan McCrady is President and CEO of Springfield Sangamon Growth Alliance. Previously, he served as President/CEO of the Economic Development Corporation of Decatur-Mason County, City Manager at the City of Decatur, Comptroller at Sangamon County Sheriff's Office and Bank Manager at Illini Bank. Ryan holds a Bachelor's degree in finance from Illinois State University and an MBA from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Aurora and Jordan Coffey were owners and operators the famed American Harvest restaurant in Springfield that closed during the earlier stages of the pandemic. They are now launching a new, unique dining opportunity at 3121 Hedley Dr. in Springfield call Luminary Kitchen & Provisions.
- Nico Paz, AZ-T-CA Mexican Grill
- Allison Richards, Organizer, Capital City Takeout Challenge
- Kevin Lust, Director, Illinois Small Business Development Center at Lincoln Land Community College