New guidance relaxes the rules for mask wearing as more of the population becomes vaccinated. But as they've become a habit over the past year, some residents are reluctant to put away their face coverings completely. We'll hear how masks fit into the future of some Illinois residents.
We'll listen to the top Democrat and Republican in the Illinois Senate, as well as the state's comptroller, as lawmakers work on a new budget.
And we'll find out more about an exhibit at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum that pays homage to musical artists from Illinois.
All that and more on this episode of Statewide.
* Yvonne Boose with WNIJ looks at some reasons why there is a discrepancy in the percentage of Blacks and whites who have been vaccinated.
* Mariah Woelfel talks with residents about mask wearing and why some plan to keep doing it even after the pandemic.
* Derek Cantu interviews Illinois Comptroller Susana Mendoza about the state's financial outlook.
* Tim Shelley with WCBU reports on the race to replace Congresswoman Cheri Bustos, who has announced she won't seek another term.
* Statehouse Editor Hannah Meisel speaks with Illinois Senate President Don Harmon and Republican Leader Dan McConchie as lawmakers prepare to wrap up the spring session.
* Mary Hansen previews the new "The State of Sound" exhibit in Springfield that showcases musical artists with ties to Illinois.
Listen to Statewide across Illinois in:
- Bloomington/Normal – WGLT 89.1 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Carbondale – WSIU 91.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Mount Vernon - WVSI 88.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Olney - WUSI 90.3 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Quad Cities - WVIK 105.7 HD-2 (Fridays 11 a.m. - noon)
- Rockford/DeKalb – WNIJ 89.5 (Saturdays 6-7 a.m., Sundays 2-3 p.m.)
- Springfield/Decatur - WUIS 91.9 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Peoria – WCBU 89.9 (Fridays 11-noon, Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Pittsfield - WIPA 89.3 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Urbana/Champaign – WILL 580 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 7-8 p.m.)