Rules: NPR Illinois Community Voices Logo & Theme Song Contest
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this contest.
NPR Illinois seeks to update logo and theme song for Community Voices NPR Illinois is soliciting calls for artwork and music for Community Voices. Artists may work in any media or theme they choose keeping in mind the theme of the show is to "get to know the gems in our community."
- Contest Period: The Community Voices Logo & Theme Song Contest begins January 3, 2022 and ends at 11:59 PM Central Time, February 15, 2022.
- Eligibility: Contest is open to all who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and live in Illinois.
- How to Enter: During the Contest Period, you may access the Contest by visiting the NPR Illinois website at (the “Contest Website”), completing the Submission Form including a digital image and/or mp3 of song (or a link to the digital image/song) of your original work. See the Entry Requirements for the image specifications. Only digital submissions will be accepted. All eligible Entries must be received by 11:59 PM, Tuesday, February 15, 2022. By submitting an Entry, you understand that your Entry will be viewed by the NPR Illinois staff. All Entries will remain anonymous at the time of judging.
- Contest Awards: Chosen artwork will be used as the new Community Voices logo. Chosen song will be used as the new theme song of Community Voices. The chosen artist/musician will be invited to the NPR Illinois studio for an interview on Community Voices. They will also be given $600 worth of on air announcements.
- Entry Requirements: In order to be entered into the Contest, entrants must comply with registration instructions when submitting their entry. Please make sure to note the following requirements when creating your entry:
- Artwork should be created in a 2000x2000 (square) ratio or artwork may be cropped to suit logo dimensions.
- Digital images must in the .jpg format with a resolution high enough to print (300dpi) set to print at 12” x 9”
- Theme Song entries need to be in mp3 format
- Theme song entries should be at least 3 minutes long
- Participants may submit in one category or both
- Entries must comply with the Contest Rules;
- Do not include material in the entry that violates or infringes another’s rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement (do not create a derivative of someone else’s photo, music, or work);
- Do not include material in the entry that is sexually explicit, violent, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous, libelous or otherwise objectionable;
- Do not include material in the entry that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Do not include in the entry or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than those of NPR Illinois), or any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Do not include material in the entry embodying the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without prior written permission;
- Do not include material in the entry that communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which NPR Illinois wishes to associate;
- The entry must not depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
6. Jury: The Jury will be composed of NPR Illinois Staff. The Jury’s mission will be:
- Admission of entries
- Evaluation of the entries
- Cancellation of competition in case the submissions don’t meet a threshold for publication or airtime
- Winners’ announcement
- Interpretation of the competition rules; being Jury’s decision not subject to appeal.
- Any entry not in compliance with the above Entry Requirements is ineligible.
Logo: NPR Illinois reserves the right to photograph and reproduce, in color or black & white, all artworks submitted to this contest, regardless of copyright, for educational and/or publicity purposes. Artist retain full copyright of the work.
Theme Song: NPR Illinois reserves the right to reproduce all music submitted to this contest, regardless of copyright, for educational and/or publicity purposes. Musicians retain full copyright of the music.
8. Notification: All participants who submit work will be notified by email whether their submission has been selected by February 22, 2022 via email. No specific information regarding Entries and judging, other than as otherwise set forth in these Contest Rules, will be disclosed.