The Scene was our Illinois arts & culture podcast through 2017. Rachel Otwell curated the podcast which provided full-length stories and follow-ups, links to other reports, and conversations with you.This podcast contained a range of stories from the world of arts & culture, from visual art to Springfield's DIY music scene, to profiles of interesting local characters. The podcast was about what makes artists tick, and the diverse culture that exists within our community.
The Scene: All About That Acoustic
Tune into this week's version of The Scene - where I'm joined by Scott Faingold of the Illinois Times, per usual:
Items discussed this week include:
- Ghost Mice / Bad Banshee / Pat The Bunny / SAP play at the Black Sheep on Friday night in Springfield. Acoustic punk music will be heard. More info here.
- Josie Lowder, acoustic singer/songwriter and local favorite will play a farewell show at Julia's Kitchen & Lounge (who are also celebrating 1 year of being in Springfield at the Vinegar Hill Mall.) More info here.
- Check out the Illinois Times this week to see the winners of the Prairie Art Alliance photo contest.
- Talley's Folly is being performed at the Hoogland this weekend on Friday and Saturday nights. Click here for the WUIS interview about it and for more info.
- Our Song of the Week comes from Doug Shotwell and the Right Hand Band. Their bandcamp is here, and a music video is below (and yes, the video was directed by my little brother, Luke Otwell. Full disclosure.)