Why does J.B. Pritzker want to be governor? And why spend so much money for the job? Also, we find out what a national expert on Legionnaire's Disease thinks about steps Illinois has taken to mitigate the problem.
That and more on this week's show.
Statewide, with host Sean Crawford, brings you reports and conversations from in and around Illinois.
This week's lineup:
* Mary Hansen sits down with Democratic nominee for governor J.B. Pritzker
* Brian Mackey's Illinois Issues report looks at novice politicians running -- and being elected to -- high office.
* Dusty Rhodes tags along to the movies with some high schoolers from Springfield who were treated to a showing of "The Hate You Give" as a reward for reading the book.
* Rachel Otwell previews a protest in Decatur this weekend to call attention to the rights of transgendered individuals.
* Daisy Contreras interviews Brad Considine with the Alliance to Prevent Legionnaire's Disease.
* Mary Hansen has this week's Illinois Newsroom report on efforts to get more women involved in Illinois politics.