A Springfield nun talks with us about working with asylum seekers at the U.S.-Mexico border. We also hear about how technology and consumer demands are changing the retail industry.
Statewide, with host Sean Crawford, brings you reports and conversations from in and around Illinois.
The lineup for this episode:
* Daisy Contreras talks with columnist Charlie Wheeler about his column on why Bruce Rauner lost his bid for re-election.
* Lee Gaines finds the state's prison system has cut back on books for inmates.
* Sister Marcelline Koch, a Dominican Sister from Springfield, checks in from El Paso, Texas, where she and others are working with asylum seekers.
* We revisit Rachel Otwell's profile of the late playwright and teacher Ken Bradbury.
* Rob Karr, President and CEO of the Illinois Retail Merchants Association, tells Sean Crawford what he sees as challenges and opportunities in today's retail environment.
More episodes at statewideshow.com