NPR Illinois is hiring a Business Director. Seeking candidates with track records of success and the passion to innovate and sustain our local public media organization. Primary effort includes tracking and analyzing finances, evaluating projects, and supervising compliance to advance our mission to serve the community through journalism, engagement, and cultural content.
Title: Business Administrative Associate - NPR Illinois
Close Date: 10/01/2019
- Facilitates the fiscal management of business operations and the development of comprehensive accounting/financial systems. Coordinates, closely with the Development Director, gift account balances, in-kind gifts, grants, goal tracking and third party benchmark reporting.
- Prepares annual reports and financial statements to be used by university management, external auditors, state and federal agencies, and foundations reflecting the status of NPR Illinois.
- Conducts contract negotiations and prepares financial sections of proposals. Coordinates procurement, contracts, receivables, accounts payable, payroll, human resources, capital, inventory, and other business functions.
- Provides comprehensive reports and detailed analyses for administrative use. Recommends actions or alternatives to be taken by management based on accounting or other financial data.
- Participates in the development and implementation of unit/departmental programs, objectives and long-range planning. Provides leadership and direction in the resolution of complex managerial problems. Provides technical advice and services to department operating managers, identifying problem areas, developing innovative solutions, and implementing strategic planning.
- Provides direct and/or indirect supervision of lower level staff. Plans, assigns, and reviews work activities, counsels subordinates, evaluates job performance, and approves or recommends personnel actions.
- Provides administrative direction in the development of policies and procedures and ensures compliance with applicable rules and regulations including Federal Communications Commission regulations, Corporation for Public Broadcasting Community Service Grant compliance, University of Illinois, State of Illinois, and other regulatory/oversight requirements. Develops and maintains segregations of duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned usch as representing the unit on various internal/external committees as required of position.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management or a field related to position.
- Two (2) years of professional-level accounting, managerial and/or business experience, including one year at an administrative level.
- Five (5) years additional business experience