Event At UIUC: Faculty Sexual Misconduct Reforms, A Way Forward
Tuesday, November 19, 6 - 8 p.m.
Main Library, Room 66
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
T. Christian Miller, a Pulitzer-winning journalist and editor with ProPublica, will moderate a discussion about issues of sexual harassment at UIUC, especially sexual misconduct perpetrated by faculty and staff.
Panelists will speak to what might be missing from the conversation based on their perspectives and areas of expertise, and they hope to illuminate some ways forward with the help of the audience's input.
This event is open to the public and aims to cater specifically to students, who say their voices have been largely left out of negotiations regarding potential reforms and solutions. The bulk of the evening will consist of a question and answer session.
Please RSVP on Facebook. Refreshments will be provided.
• T. Christian Miller is a Pulitzer-winning journalist and editor with ProPublica. He has covered sexual violence in the U.S. and internationally and co-authored “An Unbelievable Story of Rape,” which was the basis of the new Netflix limited series, Unbelievable.
• Sudarshana Rao, head of UIUC campus organization Students Against Sexual Assault
• Ali Mirza, Chief of Staff, Illinois Student Government
• Robin Kar, UIUC Professor of Law and Philosophy; Chair, Faculty Sexual Misconduct Committee
• Rachel Otwell, NPR Illinois journalist and lead reporter for the ProPublica Local Reporting Network series, Campus Complicity
• Sarah Colomé, Director, UIUC Women's Resources Center